Tuesday 10 April 2012

Deep Fried Friday ...

Arghh .. oh good lord (or Jesus I should say on this occasion) .. I have been trying to proof read this and post it for many days.. so here it is, full of deeeep fried goodness ...

Well I am the first to admit that I am not the most religious person in the world, I did go to an all girls Catholic school for most of my schooling life .. hmm .. maybe that's what has made me not so religious?! After all, having to go to mass as an adolescent child against my will … I mean honestly, there could only be a handful of people that could only embrace it!

Who knows, each to there own I say ...but I do know that each year I look forward to Easter, well, Easter Friday in particular!!

3 years ago when I was pregnant for the first time we were living in Western Australia & I was craving some fresh fish and chips from home.. we are so lucky in Tassie having, and from my own personal experience I may add - we have the best fresh fish and chips in the world!!

Well to me, even though Perth, WA has ocean front views - their seafood (compared to what I’m used to) was pretty crap!!

So being pregnant and all I was desperate for some fresh fish and chips (just like home) so we decided to do what some people would deem "should be illegal" (haha, actual words of one of my health conscious friends a few years ago!! Haha) ... and we bought a DEEP FRYER!!!



Haha!! Not just any deep fryer ... but the best one we could get our hands on (believe it or not they are not in great demand these days and there is not a great selection about)

Our loyal deep fryer (We really need to give this baby a name!!) lives in the box that she came in (in her 'dungeon' I say) and she makes an appearance each year (I wrap her back up in her plastic so she is like brand new every year) ... on Deep Fried Friday!! (Or to those that are religious, the day that Jesus died on the cross ... so I think from all those years of expensive schooling in an all girls school - god, I hope I got that right Sister Doreen & Sister Joseph!!?? I also hope that you are not reading my blog, if you can still read, you must be about 100 by now I would think!?? May god bless you!! x)



Well, that year in WA we had the best deep fried fry up of fresh fish and chips ... and this is now the 3rd year in a row that we have had Deep Fried Friday!!

So although we may not be religious, we appreciate being able to celebrate with our loved ones the goodness of deep fried food ... with sooooo many calories, all golden and crunchy and delicious from sizzling in all that golden fat!!



Hahaha ... I totally don’t condone having a deep fryer as a regular kitchen appliance - but damn, I do love getting our deep fryer out of her dungeon every year for Deep Fried Friday!! And I hope that she will be around for many years to come!!!



So that is what Easter (well Good Friday) means to me ,,. this year we celebrated our deep friend goodness with our little family of 4, my 2 sisters and my brother in-law (& Jimmy's BFF - ironically) - so although we did not praise Jesus for dying on the cross - we praised scientific research of high cholesterol and saturated fat for telling us how utterly bad it is for us & for deeming a deep fryer such a taboo thing to have ... for this we love and appreciate this day every year!!

I hope you all had a great Easter - so from our family to yours Happy Easter beautiful.


May god bless you - or if you are not religious - may you have something to be grateful for (it may even be a deep fried dim sim or two!!
           
                                   :) xX

 

PS. I am doing an 8 week experiment and have banned myself from SUGAR!!!Arghhh!! I am forever telling everyone not to feed our babies sugar and highly processed crap - so I am practising what I preach and banning myself from it so I can see really how much difference it makes!! I will keep you posted!

I did it for 7 days and lost 3.5 kilos and felt like I was on top of the world - allowed myself chocolate over Easter (which was the plan all along), but am now going to stick to the 8 week experiment! I am pretty excited about it after the amount of enery i had last week, and only after one week!!)

Here's some food for thought .... 1 teaspoon of sugar shuts down your immune system for 5 whole hours ... imagine what a can of coke (with 18 teasponns) would do to your body!!Just sayin' !!

No comments:

Post a Comment